There are so many ways to save when attending the 179th Erie County Fair. The Erie County Agricultural Society, sponsors of the fair, encourages everyone to take advantage of the deals and discounts from opening day Wednesday, August 8th until the gates close on Sunday, August 19th.
Regular daily gate admission is $10 for adult and $7 for seniors (60+). Fair hours are 12pm-10pm on Wednesday August 8th and 9am-10pm August 9th – 19th.
Here are the 10 BEST ways to save money at the Erie County Fair:
- PLAN AHEAD AND SAVE AT THE GATE – The Erie County Fair has teamed up with Tops Friendly Markets to offer advance sale gate admission vouchers. The cost is $7 per adult, $5 per senior (60+). Purchase vouchers at Tops Friendly Markets now through August 7th and redeem them at any Fair gate. Ask your cashier at checkout!
- IT’S GREAT TO BE A KID! – Children 12 and under are ALWAYS free at the Fair!
- FILL THE FOOD BANK & GET IN FREE OPENING DAY! – For the sixth year in a row, the Erie County Fair will partner with the Food Bank of WNY to help fill their warehouse with canned goods. Fairgoers will gain FREE admission to the Fair on Opening Day, Wednesday, August 8th with the donation of a canned food. Donations will be accepted at all Fair gates beginning at Noon.
- AS SEEN ON TV – Our television partners give you a chance to save big during three special days at the Fair! While you’re at the Fair, stop by their displays to meet your favorite personalities and support partner charities. WGRZ Channel 2 Day, Wednesday, August 8th. $2 admission (Gates open at noon); WKBW Channel 7 Day. Tuesday, August 14th. $5 admission all day; WIVB Channel 4 Day, Thursday, August 16th. $4 admission all day (NEW DATE)
- YOU’VE GOT A TICKET TO RIDE – Take advantage of one price ride days and ride all day for one low price. Purchase a $25 weekday ride voucher (Monday-Friday) in advance at the Tops Friendly Markets through August 7th for a $5 savings. Ask your cashier at checkout. $40 weekend wristbands are available at the Fair only. You can also purchase a Strates Shows Fun Card with 70 ride credits for $23. This offer is available at ECFair.org until August 7th.
- THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SERVE – All firefighters and auxiliary members receive FREE admission with proper ID on Firefighters Day, Friday, August 10th. Veterans, active military and auxiliary members with proper ID receive FREE admission on August 12th.
- GET TO THE FAIR EARLY ON WEEKDAYS (Monday-Friday) PAYS OFF – Arrive before 11am on August 9th & 10th or between August 13th and 17th and get into the Fair for only $5.
- STUDENTS GET SCHOOLED ON SAVINGS – Teens and young adults can meet their friends at the Fair. Students with proper school ID pay just $5 after 5pm every day.
- COME HUNGRY – During the Taste of the Fair on Monday, August 13th, over 100 vendors will be offering food items for just $2.00. This is the perfect opportunity to try that food you always wanted to. Other food discounts during the Fair include our $6 commemorative, souvenir mug featuring $3.00 refills all day at participating vendors. Buck-A-Roos, a concession stand near Kiddieland, features 10 items for $2 each. Unlike other major WNY attractions, concerts or sporting events, Fairgoers can bring in coolers with food and drink and, set up for the entire day at one of our many picnic areas (no alcohol or glass bottles please). Visit ECFair.org to download 30 food coupons for Fair vendors as an extra bonus.
- LISTEN TO THE FREE MUSIC – There is free, live entertainment all over the Fairgrounds! Join us for our four FREE Buffalo.com Grandstand Concerts on Wednesday, August 8th featuring the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Saturday, August 11th with The Fab Four, the “Ultimate Beatles Tribute Band,” Monday, August 13th, with The Oak Ridge Boys and Tuesday, August 14th featuring Midland.