The Erie County Fair is hosting the 10th WNY Fantasy Hair Competition with the help of Root 39 Salon & Spa. As in the past this is a fun family event held at the Fair showcasing the most talented stylists in WNY! This is a great opportunity to have your work recognized, compete with your peers, meet other great stylists, participate in friendly competition and enjoy the Fair. Let’s show the world the prestige and talent of the local cosmetology industry!
The entry fee of $25 will include 7 admission tickets for model and stylists along with 1 parking pass. Admission tickets, parking ticket and a map of the grounds will be mailed to the salon prior to the event.
The competition will be held Saturday, August 13th at 5pm in the Family Entertainment Complex.
This year Root 39 Salon & Spa has generously offered to give a FREE workshop for licensed stylists and cosmetology students who are interested in learning “Tricks of the Trade” in competition! This will be held Monday June 27th at 6pm at the Hamburg Fairgrounds. To register call the salon at 716-592-3939. This is a GREAT opportunity for our contestants!
Criteria for Models:
- All of the work should be done solely by those listed on the entry form.
- All contestants must have a valid NYS cosmetology license for hair and/or makeup or be enrolled in a Cosmetology Class
- Hair extensions are allowed but, natural hair must be incorporated in the hair design
- Each salon may enter two models. If entering two models, the models must be Male and Female. If you decide to enter one model, either gender is fine.
- NO full wigs will be allowed
- Handheld props are allowed and encouraged (no back drops)
- All models will be required to walk a runway after judging (Plan footwear accordingly)
- Each model will receive a number that will allow the judges to decipher between them
- Runway music will be predetermined
The theme this year will be "A Roaring Good Time"
1st Place- $500
2nd Place- $250
3rd Place- $100
People’s Choice Award- Catered Lunch
(Awarded to the salon with the most crowd participation, so invite your clients & friends to come cheer you on)
Best Overall Use of Theme- $50
(Awarded to the judge’s choice of the model that shows the best use of the theme through hair and costume) Judging:
Judges will be non-partial to any salon. Fairness is of utmost importance to us. Models must be ready to be judged promptly at 5:00pm. All prepping and final touches must be done before judging begins. Models will be assigned numbers when they arrive. Salon identification should not be anywhere on the models. Score cards will be mailed to salons after the Fair!Day of info:
The competitors will want to enter at gate 5 (off of Clark Street) no later than 4:45pm. Judging will start promptly at 5:00 (once the models arrive and are situated, the stylists will be asked to leave the models). Once the judging is complete we will have all models do their runway walk. While models are walking the runway their information will be read from questionnaire that will be completed before the judging starts. Once runway walks are complete the awards presentation will take place on stage. Please remember this is a family friendly event (nothing obscene).
Questions? Please Call 716-649-3900 ext. 6407