The Erie County Fair Summer Fit Challenge is created to get people out and explore Erie County as well as Erie County Fair historical locations. Dating back to the 1840s, the Erie County Fair has taken place in different locations around Erie County including several points in Buffalo, South Buffalo, Orchard Park, East Aurora, Springville and of course Hamburg. This challenge will highlight eight of the locations across Erie County.
Our goal is to encourage people to be outside, explore Erie County and its history in agriculture and fairs.
Included in your challenge materials you will find maps, history of each location of the fair, and a picture of the landmark where you will take your photo. Once registered, check your confirmation email for the link to the challenge packet.
- Complete 4 of the 8 challenges between June 8, 2021 and August 8, 2021.
You can run, walk, stroll, or bike the course.
- Take a selfie at each challenge landmark located on each route.
- Upload your picture to the photo submission page, after each route is finished. A photo must be submitted for each challenge location you visit.
- (Optional) Post your picture to the Erie County Fair Summer Fit Challenge Facebook group* or on Instagram. (Use hashtag #ECFChallenge)
*registration code required to join; will be included in your packet once you are registered
Complete 4 of the 8 challenges for: an Oxford Pennant, individual registrants will receive a code for one free admission ticket to the Fair, family registrants will receive a code for two free admission tickets to the Fair and bragging rights*
*Must be a registered participant to be eligible and complete the required challenge rules
Complete the registration form and submit the registration fee*.
- Individual: $20
- Family of 4: $40
- Challenge Packet
- After you register and payment has been verified, you will be emailed a link to the Erie County Fair Challenge Packet. The packet will contain information about each route, maps, and landmark locations.
- Hit the Road Jack
- Use the information in your packet to decide which locations you will visit. Get out there and have fun. Remember, you must visit 4 of the 8 locations and take a selfie at each location.
- Upload Your Photos
*A portion of the registration fee will go to benefit the Erie County Agricultural Society Scholarship fund. To find out more or to donate directly to the scholarship fund please click here.
STAY SAFE! DRINK WATER! HAVE FUN!
You put on your shoes; you go for a run—it's that simple. There are a few things that you should keep in mind.
HIT THE SIDEWALK
Unless laws prohibit it, runners are considered pedestrians and may run on sidewalks as protection from traffic.
USE THE CROSSWALK!
MAKE A PASS
On running paths, stay to the right and pass on the left. If you are on a trail with no room to overtake another runner, wait 30 seconds then ask to slip by.
KEEP YOUR DOG CLOSE
If you run with Rex, keep him close by, on a tight leash, and move to the side so runners can pass without interruption.
DEFER TO FAST FOLKS
On a recreational path or trail, simply move to the side to let them through.
WAVE IF YOU WANT
Some runners prefer to zone out during a run and not focus on anyone, but others tell us they feel energized when they wave and like the sense of camaraderie a greeting provides.