Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices
The Erie County Fair recognizes that some individuals will use Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMD) based on personal needs due to their disability. The Fair respects the rights of individuals with disabilities and the devices utilized to be mobile. The Fair reserves the right to deny access based on the safety of patrons. This is based on capacity of the grounds, high volume pedestrian traffic to include children and confined spaces where patrons travel throughout.
- Operators agree to provide personal assurance that the OPDMD is needed due to the Operator's disability
- OPDMD cannot be operated faster than normal walking speed (2-4 miles per hour)
- OPDMD must strictly observe and adhere to applicable safety rules & regulations governing the operation and use of OPDMD as published by the manufacturer of the unti
- OPDMD operator will be allowed access to the golf cart routes The Fair adheres for its personnel. A map will be provided.
- Golf carts and OPDMDs comparable to golf carts are not allowed with the exception of golf carts having a Fair permit tag.
- OPDMD will be stored in a location that does not obstruct egress.
- OPDMD operator must remain with the unit at all times. If Operator stops for any reason, such as to use a restroom or a refreshment, Operator must secure the OPDMD in a location that does not impair the free movement of other patrons.
- Use of the OPDMD may be temporarily prohibited in any or all parts of the Fair during times of highest/peak congestion.